Your typical options for getting active and getting your heart pumping have been pushed on you for a long time now. Go to the gym, walk the dog, do jumping jacks in your kitchen, or do some leg-lifts on your living room floor.
However, these usual, everyday things have proven to be boring to many people who don’t like the options they’re given.
This article will help you realize more options for getting healthy that you may not have thought about until now. Not only that, but you may see that some of the things you do every day are actually really good exercise. Don’t be hard on yourself, but also be honest with yourself about your activity levels.
Everyday Activities For Good Exercise:
- Pushing a baby stroller for 30 minutes (about 1.5 miles)
- Shoveling snow for 15 minutes
- Walking up and down the stairs for 15 minutes
- Raking leaves for half an hour
- Removing, washing, drying, and re-applying bedding (sheets, pillowcases, blankets)
- Walking back and forth at work during your shift (such as being a waitress/server or host)
- Sexual activity for 30 minutes (protected, of course)
- Lifting heavy things at work frequently during the day, such as at work
Other Exercise Ideas:
- Hula hooping or hoop dancing for 30 – 45 minutes
- Swimming for 20-30 minutes
- Taking the stairs when out in public or at work
- Dancing for 30-45 minutes with the kids or at an adult party
- Riding a bike for 4 miles
- Walking for 35 minutes
- Running for 15 minutes
- Hiking beautiful outdoor trails for 30-60 minutes
- Playing video games that give you a workout (Virtual Reality games, Wii Fit or Ring Fit, just as a few examples)
Now that you have a better idea of what makes good exercise and what options you have, get out there and move! Staying healthy and active is one of your most powerful weapons against sickness, pain, and disease.